This isn’t an NSFW post, I swear.
I’d just like to show you guys my little lipstick collection 1I’ve only recently gotten into makeup, which surprisingly doesn’t include any red lipsticks, even though it’s my favorite color. Help a girl out if you know any gorgeous red lipsticks I can try
They’re all drugstore because there aren’t really many physical stores of high-end brands here, at least ones that I’d love to try. I’d have to order online and I don’t really like waiting. There’s also the fear that maybe what I’m buying isn’t the real deal.
I was going to buy a Mac lipstick last Christmas because what girl does not own a Mac lipstick, am I right? However, I preferred not to because they test on animals 2I’m not vegan but I would like to help out as much as I can. I would love to be vegan in the future, though, once I move out of my family’s house. My family doesn’t really care for living healthily.. The only brand on this list that is not cruelty-free is Maybelline, which I will replace in my collection soon.
- LA Girl Matte Pigment Gloss (Dreamy) – my current favorite because it matches the natural color of my lips. I was supposed to buy Fleur but they were out of stock and I ended up buying this beauty instead. It’s drying like any other liquid lipstick but I feel like I don’t have to touch up as often, maybe only once or twice.
- Colourpop Ultra Matte (Beeper) – The logo has come off because I keep this in my bag all the time. I bought it thinking it was a dupe for Kylie Jenner’s Dolce K but it was not. It’s a lot darker than it seems in the packaging. Still, I love to reach for it when I’m in a dramatic mood.
- Nyx Soft Matte lip creams (Sao Paulo and Cairo) – I love love love these! Sao Paulo is the first liquid lipstick I ever bought. Its plummy pink shade is probably the darkest color that I have. I was looking for a good nude liquid lip when I bought Cairo, which is a mistake at first. I look so pale when I wear it alone but I mix it with Sao Paulo to tone down the latter’s darkness. I love the formula and the vanilla scent of these.
- Nyx Mega Shine lip gloss (Pink Rose) – This was given to me by my boyfriend’s mother because she knows how much I love lipsticks. I’m not really a big fan of glosses because I prefer balms but I reach for this for when I want to wear a lipstick but don’t want my lips to look dry. I can’t really wear balm over mattes because it tends to break down the product.
- 4U2 Envy moisturizing Lipstick (10) – This is the only lip product I have that actually is a stick lol. It’s also the first one I ever bought because I was going to a friend’s 18th birthday party. It appears matte when applied but it is very moisturizing.
- Maybelline Baby Lips Balm (Tangerine Pop and Cherry Kiss) – Believe it or not, the older of the two balms is the new-looking one because I didn’t use it much. I picked up the wrong shade, Tangerine Pop, instead of Cherry Kiss, which I loved since high school. I love it because it moisturizes my lips while still having a lot of pigment. I might purchase another brand soon, though.
- Etude House Pudding Tint (Apricot) – I wasn’t going to include this because it’s not really a lipstick but rather a lip tint. I extremely like this color because it’s so natural that you seem like you’ve bitten your lips to give it more color. I’ve only recently gotten into the whole Korean trend, not because of Weightlifting Fairy but because of their skincare routine. I have a bunch of Etude House skincare products that one of my boyfriend’s sisters gave me for Christmas. If you want me to review those, kindly mention it in the comments
What about you guys, what are your favorite lip products? Whether they’re lipsticks, gloss, balm, or even scrubs, let me know!
I joined this Makeup Madness Monday linkup here.
Footnotes [ + ]
|1.||⇡||I’ve only recently gotten into makeup|
|2.||⇡||I’m not vegan but I would like to help out as much as I can. I would love to be vegan in the future, though, once I move out of my family’s house. My family doesn’t really care for living healthily.|
|« Where it all started||Wait for it »|