Lazy girl hack: take better care of your skin so you don’t have to wear makeup all the time.
Don’t get me wrong, I love makeup. I just don’t like waking up earlier in order to have time to do my makeup So, I cheat by trying to have good skin as much as possible. The keyword here is try
I have been looking for a good low pH facial wash because I’m looking to balance my skin’s pH. I fear that my skin barrier is damaged. I used to have normal skin up until summer 2014 and all hell broke loose. Due to that summer’s heat, I washed my face every so often with a harsh facial cleanser and my skin got oily. Another tip: only wash your face two times a day, three if you really have to.
Our facial skin is naturally acidic so that bacteria can’t thrive on it but the use of harsh facial washes that have a pH balance of 6 and higher strips away our skin barrier and thus, acne and all kinds of pimples ensue. I found this helpful list of facial cleansers and their pH level if you need a reference when buying a cleanser.
- Human Heart Nature Acne Defense Facial Wash – This has a pH level of 4.5 and is such a gentle cleanser. It doesn’t foam and it’s gel-like in texture. It has an all-natural formula because this is produced by a nature brand and has tea tree in it that fights off acne, which is why I love it so much. Sadly, it doesn’t contain salicylic acid, which is my other favorite ingredient for fighting acne.
- Human Heart Nature Balancing Facial Wash – This one has a pH level of 5 and I use this at night because it has loofah and bamboo scrubs that mildly exfoliates. It doesn’t do anything regarding pimples but I do find that my skin is less oily after using it.
As much as I love these local products 1They ship internationally, if you guys are interested!, I might purchase another facial cleanser soon, because these have coconut-derived ingredients and coconut is comedogenic, which means it can clog your pores.
- Dickinson’s Pore Perfecting Witch Hazel Toner – As you can see, I’ve mostly switched to all-natural products because they’re much more gentle than those which are full of chemicals. This toner removes excess dirt that my cleanser didn’t manage to remove. It isn’t drying and doesn’t sting my face. A lot of people mistaken stinging as a good sign, thinking it means their face is being cleaned. It’s not, it’s getting stripped of its natural oils, further damaging your skin barrier.
- The Body Shop’s Tea Tree Daily Solution – This is actually a serum but I haven’t found a good moisturizer yet that doesn’t clog my pores so I’m sticking to this one for the time being. I find that when I use this, I don’t get too oily. When I’m wearing this without any face makeup, it’s almost like I have a normal skin type.
- Belo’s SunExpert Face sunscreen – This is my current go-to sunscreen even though my BB cream and face powder already has SPF. You can never have too much SPF! However, it does make me oily throughout the day so I’m looking for another product.
- Skinfood’s Rice Mask wash off – This one is more of a brightening mask than an exfoliating one. I love using this when my skin is dull.
- The Body Shop’s Tea Tree 3-in-1 scrub – I love using this one whenever I break out because it instantly dries my acne due to having both tea tree extract and salicylic acid. Its smell is minty and its consistency reminds me of toothpaste. I think I’ll replace this one with the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque once I’m out.
- Zen Organics Charcoal Mask – This is the first charcoal mask I’ve tried and it does remove impurities and leaves my skin well-exfoliated. You have to mix the charcoal powder with water to make the mask–which as a lazy girl, I think is too much of an effort, but it’s well worth it I promise. I’m glad to find that they finally have shipping available but only locally, sadly.
Kindly recommend a good moisturizer and sunscreen for oily skin if you happen to know one, please!
I just noticed that half of these products are locally-made so that’s a plus
I forgot to join last week’s Monday Makeup Madness linkup so I joined again this week here.
P.S. New theme is up. I kinda miss the sidebar but I didn’t know what to include in it so I just removed it lmao.
Footnotes [ + ]
|1.||⇡||They ship internationally, if you guys are interested!|
|« Just a little change||Work! »|