I’m not really being subtle here.
For me, the month of March ends really well because I finally got the job I wanted.
Yesterday, I went in for an exam and an interview at the rival of the national broadcast company I previously worked for I could’ve worked for them back in February but they gave me a social media management position (despite my applying for news writing). I really wanted to change careers so I did not accept the job offer. I tried my luck again this month and I was lucky enough that they had an opening and got accepted.
Although I did the exam and the interview, I’ve got to give my uni organization friends credit for putting in good word about me to the boss, as they work at the same company. It just goes to show that building your network of friends and character references goes a long way.
It’s been exactly half a month since I’ve written this article where I said I’m willing to wait for this job. How time flies!
- Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom – Six criminals, one impossible heist. I love this duology’s characters so much, they’re like my own children. I have reviewed these two before and you can read it here
- Zootopia – I have heard so many good things about this movie and I didn’t think it’d live up to people’s hype to me but it did. I love how it doesn’t have that formulaic story arc of animated movies Disney has. It truly does explain discrimination to children in a simple and easy-to-understand way and I love it for that.
- Beauty and the Beast – I previously reviewed it here but I did y’all injustice when I forgot to mention that (SORT OF SPOILER!) what I liked about it most is that they included a background story of Belle’s mother and the villagers. I love how the creators made them relatives with the castle’s staff because it makes sense! Also, a really cool theory is that they’re all stuck in a time loop (Every morning’s just the same, since the morning that we came to this poor provincial town.)
- I have also reviewed Arrival and Manchester by the Sea before and you can read it here.
- Scandal – I hated this series at first because I will never approve of cheating (the protagonist is the mistress of the U.S. President) but I love the other characters, especially Mellie–the President’s wife. However, this season’s been playing with my emotions, first Cyrus Beene and now Huck. Shonda Rhimes is really good at manipulating her audience.
- How to Get Away with Murder – I finally finished season 3 this month and oh my god, I couldn’t care less about who killed Wes lmao. I’m just glad his death brought about other characters’ developments.
- Riverdale – I’m in love with this series. I love the overall aesthetic of it and the way it adapted the Archie Comics with a dark twist. I think the main characters are perfectly cast too.
- America’s Next Top Model Cycle 23 – I’m actually trying to watch shows that are on our television and I came across this because our TV is always on a news channel or Star World. This is the first time I watched this show in full. I only caught glimpses of its episodes before but I was intrigued when I saw one model who looked like one of my fav Youtubers (Tatiana Price looked like Asia Jackson to me at first.)
- The Voice Season 12 – This is also the first time I’ve watched and followed this show. I used to watch American Idol back in its early seasons (1-5, I think) and I love this show’s system of Blinds, Battles, and Knockouts.
- Liability by Lorde – This is the Lorde I fell in love with. I’ve always loved her metaphors and her honesty.
They say, “You’re a little much for me
You’re a liability
You’re a little much for me”
So they pull back, make other plans
I understand, I’m a liability
Get you wild, make you leave
I’m a little much for
Skincare and makeup
- Holika Holika BB Cream – I’ve ran out of my Skinfood Peach Sake BB cream and this one’s not as good but it does well when you want just a tint to your skin.
- You can read about my skincare routine this month here.
So how was your month?
P.S. I know one of Ed Sheeran’s songs should be up there but I haven’t listened to the whole album and I’d like to first before I judge one song as my fav
|« March skincare routine||Epistemic Responsibility »|